Friday, July 22, 2011

A night with Murabbi

 Assalamua'laikum, this week is rather productive. I was trully blessed by Allah SWT to be given a chance to listen to a murabbi from Ikhwanul Muslimin, Prof. Dr Hesham Mohamed Sakr. His speech shows his rich knowledge in da'wah and I'm glad that Allah has ease my way to Monash Uni, JB that night. Alhamdulillah..Alhamdulillah, All praises are to Him. The title of the talk ' Peranan gerakan Islam dalam perubahan..somthing-something' (oh yes, I forgot the title) however he only touched on that thing that happens in Egypt, Yaman,Libya and so on for less than one minutes.
He told us the title just serves as a bait (not exactly the words I'm writing). but that how it is. This talk was about getting to the basic of UNDERSTANDING ISLAM. What is ISLAM? ask yourself.

So our role amidst the revolution happenings in the world, including the one we have in Malaysia (see: BERSIH) , is to make people understand Islam . not mixing Islam with other religion. understand Islam as the way of LIFE. not only in the house, not only in the mosque, not only on the sejadah, not only in politics, but SYUMUL (complete, sufficient,efficient).

Prof hesham is a very straight foward person, he doesn't hide any fact that could have been a sensitive issue to politician or the Malaysian people, and even ISMA's leaders. I can't elobrate more than this - I'm not sure if I could summaries all that I got that night into simple words...

so I chow first!

Wsalam



No comments:

Post a Comment